- All Implemented Interfaces:
Reshards the PV to another appliance. This is a complex BPL whose implementation uses functionality provided by existing BPL.All of these steps are driven by the destination appliance. The sequence of steps are
- Make sure the PV is paused.
- Consolidate the data for the PV to the specified store in the src appliance using the
- Clone the source PV's
typeinfoand register under a new temporary name.
- Assign the destination PV to the destination appliance (and as all steps are happening on the destination appliance, this is myself).
- Get all the events as an
eventstreamfor the source PV as getting data for the source PV between the source PV's typeInfo
creationTimeand sometime into the future.
- Append into store identified by the
storageparameter on the destination appliance (again, myself)
- Delete the source PV along with it's data by calling the
- Rename the dest PV by calling the
http://mgmt_url/bpl/reshardPV- This BPL reassigns the PV to another appliance. This is a complex BPL that also moves data over to the other appliance. For more details on the sequence of steps, see the Javadoc for the BPL.
- pv The name of the pv. The PV needs to be paused first and will remain in a paused state after the resharding is complete.
- appliance The new appliance to assign the PV to. This is the same string as the
identityelement in the
appliances.xmlthat identifies this appliance.
- storage The name of the store until which we'll consolidate data before resharding. The data is moved over to the store with the same name on the new appliance. This is typically a string like LTS.